top of page
Employment-based - background.jpg

Employment-Based Green Cards

Dedicated to Securing Your Labor Needs

The United States allows individuals from around the world to come into the country to pursue employment opportunities on a temporary or permanent basis. A number of employment-based visa categories are available to foreign nationals whose objective is to work or open businesses in the United States on either a temporary or permanent basis. Most work visa categories require a U.S. employer who will sponsor the foreign national for employment.

Of course, there is a very difficult visa process that accompanies employment immigration and it is extremely important that you have strong legal representation on your side. SG Legal Group has proudly helped companies and prospective employees from around the world form business relationships and navigate the obstacles of immigration law. Whether you are an employer or an employee, it is important that you have quality legal representation on your side. To discuss your situation with an experienced immigration attorney, contact SG Legal Group today.

employment based - between

Types of permanent work visas

Permanent work visas are based on preference categories. The preference categories for permanent employment in the United States include the following:


EB-1: First preference, which is reserved for people of extraordinary ability in arts, business, science, athletics, education, and more.

EB-2: Second preference, which is reserved for those who hold advanced degrees in their field.

EB-3: Third preference, which is reserved for professionals, skilled workers, and some unskilled workers.

EB-4: Fourth preference, which is reserved for “special immigrants.”

EB-5: Fifth preference, which is reserved for those who invest $1.8 million in an enterprise that will employ 10 U.S. workers on a full-time basis.

Types of temporary work visas

There are many different types of temporary employment visas in the United States. Some of the visa categories that you may be eligible for include the following:


H-1B: workers in a specialty occupation

H-2B: temporary non-agricultural workers

L: Intracompany transferees for executive, managerial positions, or individuals with specialized knowledge

O: Persons with extraordinary ability or achievements in certain fields, including the arts and science

P-1: athletes and entertainers to perform

P-2: Artists and entertainers that perform as part of an exchange program

P-3: Artist or entertainers that come to teach or educate under a cultural program

Q-1: Participation in an international cultural exchange program

R-1: Religious workers

bottom of page