top of page
Otehr Visas and Statuses -

Other Visas & Statuses


If you are coming to the US for tourism, but would also like to take a short course of study that is less than 18 hours per week, you may be able to do so. However, if your course of study is more than 18 hours per week, you will need a student visa. Of the hundreds of thousands of students that come to the U.S. on a student visa annually, some run into immigration issues or have related questions. SG Legal Group is here to help!

Our office often handles applications for F1 visa, Changes of Status from B1/B2 to F-1, Adjustment of Status to Permanent Resident based on Marriage of Employment.


Visitors who want to enter the U.S. temporarily for business (B-1 category) or tourism/ pleasure (B-2 category) or a combination of both purposes must obtain a B-1/B-2 nonimmigrant visa.

Some foreign nationals of certain countries may qualify for a limited 90-day entry with ESTA under the Visa Waiver Program. All other foreign nationals will need to attend a visa interview abroad at a U.S. Consulate or Embassy before they can enter the U.S. as visitors. Canadians are visa exempt and do not need a visa to enter the U.S.

bottom of page